I am excited to serve as the principal of Northeast Middle School. This year's theme is "Exceeding Expectations #NoExcuses." Our focus is improving student achievement, maintaining a safe learning environment, and providing quality Tier I instruction in ALL classes. "We can do 442!"
With 15 years of education experience, I have served as an assistant principal, administrative intern, and English teacher. Here are a few things about me:
- Nine years in LCSD
- Bachelor of Arts in English (2007)
- M.A. in Learning and Teaching (2008)
- Simon Youth Foundation National Teacher of the Year (2013)
- National Board Certification in ELA-AYA (2019)
- Ed. S. in Educational Leadership (K-12) (2021)
I am grateful for my wonderful husband, Alvin, and my children, Alvin, III, and Caleb. I am humbled and honored to serve as the principal of NEMS. I look forward to working with internal and external stakeholders to help NEMS Exceed Expectations!